Recently, someone made a fascinating comment about Keystone. To her, her first impression led her to believe that Keystone was for the young generation only. She came the weekend we did the song/rap ‘Used to do it too‘ by Lecrae (which was OFF THE CHAIN).
This guest couldn’t imagine falling in love with Keystone.
- She finds herself repeating the message talking points with co-workers
- They are here almost every weekend
- They REMEMBER the message behind songs like ‘Used to do it too.’
- They are excited to be part of a movement that reaches their g-kids as well as them!
Her family is falling in love with Keystone, and I love it.
A couple of observations:
- YOU B YOU. God will connect the heart of those who he has called to join you.
- Don’t change to accommodate various niche groups. I’m so glad we stayed true to our vision. God has used us to stretch many people past their preferences.
- Don’t compromise the CONTENT. At the end of the day, it’s the content of the gospel we are bringing that’s changing lives. Style changes. Fads fade. In the end, THE WORD will stand!
- It’s ALL about life change. Once you begin catering to preference rather than serving the vision, you have begun your eventual decline. We are vision-carriers. Leaders. World-changers.