This past weekend, my good friend Trey Kelly spoke at Keystone Church. I’m truly THRILLED for him to speak. He was on our staff from the beginning and only a couple of years ago started Wellspring Church, our first church plant.
This will mark 5 of 6 weekends I have not spoken. I can read the thought bubbles now:
- “Doesn’t he like to speak?”
- “Does he care about Keystone?”
- “Won’t his absence kill the momentum of the church?”
- “That’s just weird! I’ve never had a pastor be off the stage that long!”
I have been so pleased with the time away…
- I LOVE to speak… We calculated that I have spoken at least 100 times since January
- I care SO MUCH about the church to stay fresh, creative, well-read and mentally sharp. I also care so much that I want them to worship Jesus, not me!
- The M.O. of Keystone has THRIVED this summer! It’s been record-breaking! July 4th weekend (usually a ghost town in churches) we were 35% above last holiday weekend!
- I’ve never claimed to be normal… I am weird – we are weird!
Now a window into my world… This has been less of a BREAK, more of a BEGINNING! While on a preaching break, I have been BUSY with the vision and leadership of this church. I have been able to invest valuable time and energy in our FUTURE!
I love being part of a church that loves me enough to miss me. That’s cool, and I truly appreciate your appreciation! Let’s celebrate the small breaks that initiate new beginnings!!!