Very few people know that for the past 21 days I’ve been fasting. Specifically, my diet has been governed by what many call a ‘Daniel fast.’
Basically, I’ve eaten most like a vegan for three weeks. It was TOUGH!
WHY would I put myself through this? What would possess me to resist dairy, meat, sugar, yeast, and other ingredients?
This was a spiritual, physical, and emotional journey between me and God.
- I prayed for a deepening in my own spiritual life.
- I pled on behalf of Keystone as we finish our LAUNCH journey this weekend.
- I asked God for clarity regarding our next bold vision.
- I asked God to clean out any errant appetites or tendencies that I’m not even aware of.
- I prayed for discipline mentally and a growing sense of focus
- I anticipated a healthy re-boot to my metabolism
- I asked God to take me to another level of healthy living
- I prayed for some new patterns that would emerge even after the fast
For me, a fast is a way to experience all the BENEFITS of a crisis without its HARMFUL side effects.
- Greater dependence on God
- Growing sensitivity to his Spirit
- A heightened hunger for the holy Scriptures
- Intense appreciation for the good gifts God gives us
Without the harmful side effects…
- Someone I love sick or dying
- Broken relationship
- Financial devastation…
My fast ended today! I am so thankful for the past 21 days. I am eager to see how God uses it to further his agenda and his church, specifically Keystone!
I am also READY to enjoy some of God’s good gifts! Amen!!!