I’m going to share with you what I always tell my staff. This is one of the most foundational truths in my working, adult life.
MORE STRESS… MORE SPIRIT.
There are seasons in your life where the STRESS MOUNTS.
- Working double time to make a sale or close a deal
- Increased amount of traveling
- Taking on more work due to changes in personnel
- Pain, illness, or loss (economic, relational, or social)
When the pressure mounts… What is your reaction?
Will you STRESS OUT?
- React with anger or impatience
- Shut off emotionally
- Seek other outlets to ‘escape’ the stress
- Fantasize about being anywhere else, new job or marriage
I URGE YOU… Now is the time to SPIRIT-UP!
I remember the stress during one of our early financial hurdles at Keystone. Spontaneous heat would generate along my spine every time I considered the possibility of failure. It made me sick.
This conclusion gripped me: I need to dive DEEPER into the presence and the person of Christ. The deeper the fear, the deeper I needed to dive into Christ.
Once, when I was laying on my bed praying diligently for Keystone, my meditation was interrupted by a phone call. AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME, an admired pastor called me to encourage me. It gave me an incredible lift.
Today, I look back at that moment as DIVINE.
So, if you are STRESSED OUT… What you really need is THE SPIRIT. Let God comfort you and bring you to a good place.