As a Christian, have you ever felt stereotyped? Do you see the “I’m against EVERYTHING” people on TV, invoking the name of God while hating everyone else?
So many of those who attract the most attention seem to have a dominant message: BAD NEWS.
At Keystone, we are joining so many churches in an effort to change our message. It’s a RETURN to the GOOD NEWS, the GREAT NEWS in the Bible called “the gospel.”
The GOOD NEWS is summarized as this:
The crucified and risen Jesus Christ is Lord!
1 Corinthians 15:3-6
- It’s important to BELIEVE this GOOD NEWS.
- It’s vital to meditate/marinate on this GOOD NEWS.
- This GOOD NEWS should shape our BELIEFS & worldview.
- The GOOD NEWS is that Jesus is our SAVIOR… taking our sins upon himself.
Jesus is NO LESS than our SAVIOR… but he’s much, much more!
The GOSPEL/GOOD NEWS calls Jesus our LORD (Christ).
Romans 10:15 says
How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!
The bible is CLEAR: Jesus is our SAVIOR and our LORD!
Once we receive new life in Christ, it’s time to put on our GOSPEL SHOES!
Don’t confuse this: You don’t put on your SHOES without the GOOD NEWS!
- You can’t balance the scales between your good/bad deeds.
- You can’t work your way into favor with God
- Works-based religion leads to UTTER EXHAUSTION or COMPLETE PRIDE.
Good deeds are the RESULT of a relationship with God, not a WAY TO a relationship with God!
So, let’s get with it – GOOD NEWS / GOOD SHOES!!!
*This post is a summary of my weekend talk… check it out HERE: